Wednesday 4 July 2018

BADDESLEY CLINTON AGAIN


Still chuffed at finding a Spotted Flycatcher there yesterday I went over to the NT property at Baddesley Clinton again this morning.Went straight to the spot I saw one yesterday and was in place at just after 9.00 AM.

An hour and a half later I'd drawn a blank.Not able to be patient for too long I had wandered off a couple of times and had been able to take some shots of other birds.Firstly I came across a Nuthatch which was perched above me as I walked down the lake path. 






Along one of the gutters to one of the outbuildings some young Swallows were waiting patiently to be fed.












After this bit of action I went to check the Spotted Flycatcher spot.Blow me down one and possibly two landed in the trees at the back of the stream as I got there but flew off straightaway.Damn ! !

I waited for another half an hour but nothing.I then walked to the eastern end of the grounds (the churchyard).After resting on a bench there for 20 minutes and seeing nothing I was just about to leave when guess what I spotted.It didn't stay long but so very good to see.








No comments: